When you suffer from constant headaches or migraines, life can be a challenge. It is difficult to carry on normal tasks and the pain can leave you incapable of taking on your daily work. If you suffer from crippling headaches or migraines, then you have probably sought help in many ways. For some, the go-to choice is over the counter drugs or perhaps even a prescription from a doctor. However, in many cases, these medications don’t fully solve the issue. Perhaps you are simply tired of leaning on medications for your daily life. Regardless, there are answers and other solutions you can explore. Check out everything you need to know about living with migraines and how neurofeedback in Denver might be the solution you are seeking.
The Many Types Of Headaches
Headaches come in an array of forms and the pain level varies drastically from one episode to the next. Some people only ever suffer from a slight tension headache or a sinus headache during a bad cold. For others, migraines interrupt their life with searing pain. A few of the most common headaches and migraines that people suffer from follow below.
- Sinus headaches
- Allergy headaches
- Tension headaches
- Caffeine headaches
- Exertion headaches
- Hormone headaches
- Cluster headaches
- Migraine without aura
- Migraine with aura
- Chronic migraine
For those who suffer from any form of a headache or a migraine, the classification doesn’t matter much. The reality is that when you are plagued by migraines or headaches, your number one goal is simply to find relief from the pain and other troubling symptoms.
In fact, while pain is the most commonly thought of symptom in regards to headaches and migraines, there are numerous other symptoms that are also troublesome. Headaches and migraines can lead to dull pain, throbbing pain, constant aching, or shooting pain. They can also lead to nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light, blurred vision, fatigue, dizziness, bright flashing dots, and paleness. Depending on the severity of the headache or migraine, you might experience one or more of the above symptoms.
Signs The Symptoms Are Interfering With Your Life
So when does a headache become more than just a small nuisance? When you suffer from headaches or migraines on a frequent basis and the symptoms begin to interfere with your life, you will notice a few key signs. Ask yourself some of the following questions to help determine whether or not you are suffering from more than just a minor issue.
- Have you missed work because of the symptoms?
- Do you spend time working around the symptoms in your daily life?
- Have you been bedridden due to the symptoms?
- Have you lost quality of life due to the symptoms?
If you answered yes to any of the above, it is time to seek a solution. No one should live a life in pain or suffer from the other horrible symptoms of migraines and headaches.
Neurofeedback As A Solution
Here at NeuraPerformance Brain Center, we are passionate about helping those who visit us find relief from the issues headaches and migraines can cause. If you suffer from chronic headaches or migraines and you are looking for a lasting solution, we invite you to come visit us and learn more about Neurofeedback.
Neurofeedback is a type of biofeedback that uses real-time displays of brain activity to teach self-regulation of brain function. It can be utilized for a variety of things, but the treatment of migraines and headaches is one area we often recommend Neurofeedback as a solution for.
Bonus Tips: Implement These Ideas To Decrease Your Pain
Finally, pairing neurofeedback with a few other lifestyle changes can offer you the most relief from pain and other troubling symptoms. The following are a few extra tips you can implement into your life to help decrease your suffering.
- Healthy Eating: Our diets play a huge role in how well we feel and how healthy our brain can be. While you undergo neurofeedback, we recommend you implement a healthy diet that will fuel your brain. Avoiding highly processed foods, and getting your recommended dose of vegetables and fruits can go a long way in offering you a higher quality of living.
- Decreased Use Of Caffeine And Alcohol: Lowering the amount of caffeine and alcohol you consume can go a long way in improving your brain’s health. While you might suffer from more headaches upfront as you shift away from heavy usage of these drugs, the long-term result will be improved well-being.
- Implementation Of Relaxation Techniques: During our busy lives, it is hard to keep our minds clear and calm. If you don’t already implement relaxation techniques into your life, consider joining a yoga or meditation class to allow for healing in your mind.
Looking for relief from migraines or headaches? Come visit our center today to learn how neurofeedback might be the right solution for you or reach out to our team to learn more.