Whether you are visiting us for hyperbaric oxygen therapy in Denver or for concussion recovery, our team is ready to help you from the moment you first arrive. Here at NueraPerformance Brain Center, we work with everyone from professional athletes who want to improve their sports performance to people who are simply looking for relief from chronic migraines. Regardless of what brings you to our center, our goal is to offer you the right path to improved brain health.
As is true with anything new, many first time visitors to our center feel apprehension or uncertainty about how treatment works and what to expect. Our goal is to put you at ease and ensure that you feel comfortable the whole time. Check out these tips for how you can prepare for a visit to our center.
#1: Dress Comfortably
The first thing we recommend, regardless of which treatment you are undergoing, is to dress comfortably for your visit. Putting on comfortable clothes can go a long way in ensuring you are relaxed the entire visit. Depending on which treatment you are undergoing, you might be spending upwards of an hour relaxing in one place. Having comfortable clothes on can help you feel more at ease. Opt for loose-fitting clothing that makes movement and sitting equally comfortable.
#2: Come With Questions
When you visit our center, we want you to feel free to ask as many questions as you want. We understand that the idea of brain training might be entirely new to you. Perhaps your loved ones have raised questions since you booked your appointment and you aren’t sure how to answer. Bring as many questions as you want to your first visit. We will be happy to answer your questions and explain the entire process to you thoroughly.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring that you feel comfortable throughout the entire process. If something doesn’t make sense as we go along, speak up and let us know. We will always be happy to work with you to provide you with a greater understanding of the treatment you are utilizing.
#3: Know What To Expect
No one likes to enter into something blindly. Make sure you understand what to expect from your visit. For first time visitors, you can expect the process to be along the lines of the following.
- You explain your needs to us: We start out with a free 30-minute consultation. During this time we can show you around our center and explain some of the treatments we offer. This is a way for us to get to know you and for you to find out a little more about what we do.
- We provide an assessment: Depending on what your specific needs are, your assessment might involve a brain mapping session. The goal of the assessment will be for us to determine what treatment plan will be best for your unique needs.
- We set goals: After we have assessed where you currently are, we will work with you to set specific goals for your future. From improved sports performance to healing from traumatic events, we can create a goal that meets your specific needs.
- We create a customized training plan: Next, we will offer you a training plan that works around your schedule. This will be geared towards reaching the goal we just set.
- Treatment begins: Finally, with a goal in mind and a training plan in hand, we begin the treatment process. This will look different depending on which treatment is being utilized, so feel free to reach out and ask specific questions about each training type we offer.
#4: Focus On Relaxation
When the first day of your treatment program arrives, we encourage you to spend some time focusing on relaxation prior to your appointment. Take time to do something that you find calming. That could mean doing some yoga before you arrive or taking a walk around the park. Perhaps spending some time on the couch snuggling your dog is what brings you relaxation. Whatever it is that you find to be calming, take time for it before you arrive for your appointment.
#5: Provide Feedback
Finally, after your first session, we encourage you to provide feedback to our team. If something didn’t make sense or you felt uncomfortable in any way, we want to know so we can ensure your next appointment is even better. Our goal is to provide you with the best experience possible as we work towards your end goal. We have experience helping people achieve everything from improved sports performance to healing from depression and anxiety. From our oxygen therapy to neurofeedback treatments, we work to ensure that your training plan is a success.
If you are interested in learning more about brain training in Denver and the unique treatments we offer, we invite you to reach out today.