Headaches and Migraines
Tired of Headaches and Migraines?
Nearly half of adults worldwide experience at least one headache in any given year. As you know all too well, headaches can cause extreme pain and discomfort. They may even lead to poor performance at work and lack of desire to do much of anything. Keep in mind that a headache can occur in any part of the head, on both sides, or in just one spot. They can radiate across the head from a central point, causing sharp, throbbing, or dull pain.
There are five major types of headaches:
- Tension – The most common one, tension headaches usually begin slowly and gradually in the middle of the day. With tension headaches, you may feel a constant, dull ache on both sides of the head. Though they may not result in debilitating pain, tension headaches can last for several hours.
- Rebound – These stem from an overuse of medication to treat headache symptoms. Rebound headaches typically begin early in the day and last throughout the day. Though they may improve with pain medication, rebound headaches worsen when those temporary effects wear off.
- Cluster – The pain that comes with cluster headaches is one-sided, severe, and often described as sharp or burning. Cluster headaches can last anywhere from 15 minutes to three hours.
- Thunderclap – The worst of the bunch, thunderclap headaches reach maximum intensity in less than one minute. A thunderclap headache can signal a life-threatening condition, so seek medical evaluation immediately.
- Migraine – The second most common form of a headache, a migraine is often accompanied by blurred vision, lightheadedness, and nausea. A pulsating, throbbing pain on one side of the head is also common with migraines.
How Brain Training Can Help
NeuraPerformance training can help you enjoy fewer headaches and migraines through breakthrough technology. For those dealing with chronic headaches or migraines, neurofeedback may be the answer. This biofeedback uses real-time displays of brain activity to teach self-regulation of brain function. Our brain training is quick, easy, and pain-free. With neurofeedback from NeuraPerformance, you can expect improved brain performance, normalized behavior, as well as stabilized mood and well-being. Schedule your consultation now.