NeuraPerformance technologies actively address concussions, creating a safe, fast, and effective path for you to fully re-engage. We provide baseline concussion tests and concussion treatment services to ensure we can get you off the sidelines and back to the playing field, the classroom, the office, or just back to your daily life as quickly as possible.
What Is A Concussion?
A concussion is a brain injury in which the person experiences unconsciousness due to a blow to the head. It is also used to describe the after-effects of such injury, including mental incapacity or confusion. Over time, multiple concussions can cause memory loss and other mental illnesses or diseases.
While concussions are commonly associated with sports and other physical activities, someone may get a concussion during a variety of daily tasks. Some get a concussion after an automobile accident, slipping and falling on an icy sidewalk, or accidentally bonking your head on the wall if you take a corner turn at the office too closely. Essentially, any and all damage to the brain that causes unconsciousness is considered a concussion. Concussions range in severity from mild to severe.
How long does concussion recovery take?
In most cases, concussion recovery takes between one to two weeks. However, if your concussion is diagnosed late or you don’t get enough rest or follow your health care provider’s recommendation, concussion recovery may take longer.
Some people develop a condition called post-concussion syndrome, though, and this causes concussion recovery to take months, or sometimes longer. If you have had a concussion and the symptoms are lasting for longer than 10 days, you should make an appointment with your doctor to check for signs of post-concussion syndrome.
You can speed up your concussion recovery by:
- Reducing screen time, which can make headaches worse
- Limit exposure to bright lights and loud sounds
- Rest both your body and your mind
- Be patient! Don’t jump right back into your daily activities
- Visit NeuraPerformance Brain Center in Denver!
What We Do At NeuraPerformance
In order to help restore the brain to complete function during concussion recovery, NeuraPerformance uses four core technologies in conjunction: Dynavision D2™, Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBOT), Neurofeedback, and GyroStim.
- Dynavision D2™: During therapy, the patient stands in front of a light board and touches the switches as they light up, which triggers a confirming beep. By focusing and moving the mind around the board, this FDA-cleared technology helps increase visual, gross motor, and neurocognitive tasks.
- HBOT: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is a unique treatment in which the patient is secured inside a large, comfortable capsule for about an hour. During this time, the capsule fills with three times as much oxygen as one typically breathes, which helps restore bodily function at the cellular level. Strong cells lead to healthy rebuilding of damaged brain tissue.
- Neurofeedback: This brain training exercise connects the patient to monitors that track electric currents as they travel through the brain. Patients watch different videos and respond to the images in ways that help the patient recognize positive wavelengths that can be applied after training.
- GyroStim: This computer-controlled treatment puts patients through a series of multi-axial movements that help improve reaction and processing time, two things which are typically slowed after a concussion.
The first step to proper concussion diagnosis is to understand where you started. Therefore, we recommend all athletes, teams, and people visit NeuraPerformance for baseline concussion testing. This gives a map of your brain when it is healthy, which makes it easier to detect a concussion after an injury.
Our team also offers mobile baseline testing, so we can come to your school, work, or practice and test the class, office, or team all at once. There is no such thing as having too much data, especially when it comes to your health.